RESEARCH ARTICLES AND PUBLICATIONS AT LONDON COLLEGE OF MUSIC 2013-2014
SONG,STAGE AND SCREEN V111
- Conference 2-4 July, 2013 Royal Central School of Speech and Drama
- Title of Conference: What do we do, when we do, what we do.
- Paper presented: Process and Performance in Musical Theatre.
- Conference 13 February, 2014 London College of Music, University of West London
- Title of Conference: Songs for a New Curriculum: the significance for education and industry of new writing in musical theatre.
- Paper to be presented: The importance of new musical theatre writing and its impact upon the curriculum within Higher Education.
SONG, STAGE AND SCREEN IX
- Conference June 24-26, 2014 Sheridan College, Oakville, Ontario, Canada
- Title of Conference: 'The Art of Collaboration in Musical Theatre.'
- Paper and Practical Session to be presented: The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes [...and ears] Marcel Proust
- [A 90 minute lecture demonstration of how an unseen/unknown piece of text can be developed into a musical event/performance. This work will seek to confirm the necessity for the performer to interrogate the process of performance at every stage of the work and as a result create and confirm the final outcome - the song itself! The purpose of the paper is to identify the importance of being a triple threat interpreter (writer, composer, and performer) in addition to the skills and techniques that create the triple-threat performer.]
- © David Henson 2017